You’ve been patient. You’ve been watching this space…
Yes Members, it’s time to announce the dates for our annual Club Championships where EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU – roadies, trackies, mountain bikers, funsters – get to challenge yourselves and test your cycling prowess in 5 cycling categories i.e. Skills, Time Trials, Road, MTB, Track. The objective is to try something you normally wouldn’t do (how do you know you’re not good at it or won’t enjoy it until you do?!), enjoy some healthy and fun competition with your fellow Slipstreamers, and aim to be the Club Champ for your age category!
Even if you’ve NEVER raced before, never dreamed of being on a road bike, never contemplated giving mountain biking a go, never considered experiencing the thrill of track, and never worked out the point of a time trial: then CLUB CHAMPS IS FOR YOU! It’s an opportunity to challenge yourself and aim high – the more events you enter, the more points you amass, the more chance you have of nabbing a prize! This year, we are introducing a more level playing field by making some elements a bit more accessible to all, retaining the best of 4 out of 5 principle, and planning to put on the best champs yet. Reminders and the full programme for each event will follow the week before it happens, but for now, we present…
The 2015 Hillingdon Slipstreamers Club Championships:
- 26th September: Skills, Time Trials (Part I)
- 10th October: Time Trials (Part II)
- 7th November: Road Races
- 14th November: Mountain Bike Races
- 21st November: Track Races
A Few Very Important Notes – Please Read Carefully:
- Round 1 – Skills and Time Trials (I): We will run both events on the same day as our annual Family Fun Day. The full schedule will follow during the course of the next week, but do keep the full day free. If you are unable to attend round 1 and miss the Skills event, you will be unable to make this up another time. However…
- Round 2 – Time Trials (II): There will be a second opportunity to take part in the Time Trial event on the 10th October – this is only for those of you who are unable to attend the 26th September. You only get one go, so choose your date!
- Round 5 – Track Races: Only riders who have previously attended Calshot, and (if you are new to track) been confirmed as OK to ride in the Champs, will be allowed to participate. For safety reasons, only age categories U8 upwards may take part. If in doubt, do ask!
Club Championships are great fun, well worth the effort, and we encourage all of you to take part – oldies or newbies, roadies or mtbies, whatever your cycling fancy!
After the final event, Volunteers will be crunching the numbers and sorting out medals and trophies, and our 12 Club Champions (6 boys, 6 girls – 1 from each age group from U6 right through to U16, ) will be announced and presented with an engraved Club Champ trophy and their fabulous new jerseys during our annual Xmas Party. There are also awards for runners up!
If you have any questions, feel free to email us or come and talk to your coaches or any of the club volunteers. Good luck everyone!