It’s that time of the year again, where ALL Slipstreamers Members – regardless of age or race experience – have the opportunity to challenge themselves in 5 cycling categories i.e. Skills, Time Trials, Road, Mountain Bike, Track; with a view to becoming the Club Champion in their age category. To see the full list of 2015 Club Championship winners, click here.
The is a great way to participate in healthy and fun competition in a familiar environment at Hillingdon with fellow Slipstreamers, even if you have NEVER raced before, never dreamed of being on a road bike, never contemplated giving mountain biking a go, never considered experiencing the thrill of track, and never worked out the point of a time trial! For a full explanation of how Club Champs works, what to expect, and answers to FAQs, visit this page here.
Do also click here for a recap on the 2015 Club Champs, which includes reflections from members who took part, links to individual event reports, and the final 2015 results. Photos from the various 2015 events an be found on our Flickr site here.
Reminders and the full programme for each event will follow the week before it happens, but for now, we present…
The 2016 Hillingdon Slipstreamers Club Championships:
- Round 1 – Skills: 17 September 2016
- Round 2 – Time Trials (Road & Mountain Bikes): 17 September + 24th September (latter date early morning only for those who miss 17th)
- Round 3 – Road Races: 1st October 2016
- Round 4 – Mountain Bike Races: 5th November 2016
- Round 5 – Track Races: 19 November 2016 (4.30pm to 8pm)
A Few Very Important Notes – Please Read Carefully:
- Round 1 – Skills: This will be run on the same day as our annual Family Fun Day. The final schedule is not yet ready, however do keep the full day free as there will be fun activities as well as Time Trials running. Please note that if you are unable to attend round 1 and miss the Skills event, you will be unable to make this up another time. However…
- Round 2 – Time Trials: These will run on the same day as the Family Fun Day and Round 1 – Skills. However, for those who cannot make the 17th, there will be a second opportunity to take part in the Time Trial event on the 24th September – this is only for those of you who are unable to attend the 17th September. You only get one go, so choose your date!
- Round 5 – Track Races: Only riders who have previously attended Calshot, and have been confirmed as OK to ride in the Champs, will be allowed to participate. For safety reasons, only age categories U8 upwards may take part. If in doubt, ask.
After the final event in November, Club Volunteers will be crunching the numbers and sorting out medals and trophies, and our 12 Club Champions (6 boys, 6 girls – 1 from each age group from U6 right through to U16, ) will be announced and presented with an engraved Club Champ trophy and their fabulous new jerseys during our annual Xmas Party. There are also awards for runners up!
If you have any questions, feel free to email the Admin Team or come and talk to your Coaches or any of the Club Volunteers. Good luck everyone!