Registration is now open for the 2019 Interclub Time Trial hosted by Hillingdon Slipstreamers. We are hoping to replicate the success of previous years – click here to view the 2016 race report and photographs – so if you happen to be free on Sunday 19th May and fancy trying out a Time Trial, do come and join us. All riders from ANY club – or riders not even in a club – are very welcome to take part. So read on to find out more, spread the word, and we look forward to receiving your registration form and seeing you on the 19th May!
Who is eligible to enter?
Anyone may enter – and if you are a Hillingdon Slipstreamers Member, we hope you will do so as well! But you don’t have to be part of a club either – if you are a cycilst and want to give it a go, you are very welcome to do so. There is no minimum age or maximum age restriction and all ages may enter, even mums, dads, grandma and granddad – details of race categories are noted below:
- 10:00 U14/U16 Plus Senior Two-Up – New This Year! A U14 or U16 rider must pace a Over 18 rider over 10 miles distance. Can be son/mum, daugther/dad, daughter/mum, son/dad, or even paired up with a friend or other relative. The options are endless. Trophy for mixed and same gender pairs!
- 11:00 Under 8’s and Under 10’s Male/Female 5 mile Time Trial
- 12:00 Adult’s Individual Time Trial – a solo 10 mile ride for Mum/Dad/Friends and Relatives. Are you the fastest in your house?
- 13:00 Under 12’s Male/Female 10 mile Time Trial
- 14:30 Under 14’s and Under 16’s Male/Female 10 mile Time Trial
The event shall be run under CTT rules and regulations. A start sheet with exact times will be made available to participants who pre-register before the event. Trophies and medals shall be awarded to the fastest three for each youth race and of course, gender.
What will it cost?
£5 per rider. We will be using electric timing, so you can help us greatly by booking your place in advance. You can book in advance here. We will take entries on the day if you do miss the deadline!
NOTE: The clubhouse will be open from 9am, and sign-on closes 20 minutes before each race. Be sure to arrive in good time to avoid any delays and missing your start time.
Will there be prizes?
Yes, absolutely. Prizes shall be presented for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category for each gender.
The Great Hillingdon Bake Off!
Tired of your offspring’s trophies filling up the cabinet? This year, bake a cake and donate it for free distribution to hungry riders and you may be in with a chance to walk away with a £10 Wiggle Voucher! Riders will blind taste to pick a winner, but you have to be in it to win it! Bring along your Showstopper and give your name to the canteen staff who will collect rider’s votes.
Are there specific TT rules I need to abide by?
Yes. The race shall be run under Cycling Time Trials (CTT) regulations. Hard-shell helmets must be worn, and parental consent must be given for non-Slipstreamer members. No drafting or pacing allowed except in the Two-Up race. Riders must be able to ride a bike, and we reserve the right to remove any dangerous riders or equipment from the race. It is also absolutely mandatory to have some fun. Aero-bars and time trial specific equipment, including pointy-hats and disk wheels are allowed as long as the operator is safe to use them.
I don’t have a Time Trial bike or any such kit, but REALLY want to take part.
All 2-wheeled solo bikes are allowed. If you have a Time Trial bike, great, although a normal Road or Fixed gear bike will work just fine. If you really wanted to, you could even use your MTB, a Brompton or a hired Santander Bike – you may struggle, but in a good way!
Ready to enter?
A few things to note:
- All entrants are asked to register in advance by using the registration link above
- Registration will close at midnight on 17h May, but there is entry on the day.
- All riders must complete a parental consent form, so download this from here and bring to the club on race day. Spare forms shall be available if you forget!
- Open to everyone – no British Cycling membership is required and novice riders are welcome.