The London West District round of the GHS Time Trial is now just a few weeks away. This year, Slipstreamers are organising the event and is one of the Premier Time Trials on our calendar. As with last year, we are running the event on the HCC234 Beenham’s Heath course. This course is a moderately quick two lap event around reasonably quiet country lanes.
Entry closes for the GHS at midnight on the 14th June. You can enter on line here.
All riders that take part will be awarded with a District Medal and Certificate. Riders who qualify shall gain automatic entry into the National final later in the year as per the table below:
|Category||District Event||National Final|
|Winner||Automatic entry to National Final||GHS Trophy and medal presented at Champions Night|
|2nd and 3rd Placed riders||Automatic entry to National Final||GHS Medal presented at Champions Night|
|Fastest team of 3||Automatic entry to National Final||GHS Team Trophy and medals presented at Champions Night|
|Fastest Girl||Automatic entry to National Final||GHS Trophy and medal presented at Champions Night|
|Fastest in each category (12/13/14/15/16)||Automatic entry to National Final||GHS Medal presented at Champions Night|
If you are considering doing the GHS TT (which we would highly recommend), there will be a reconnaissance ride taking place around the Time Trial Course, Beenham’s Heath, for the GHS on Sunday 12th June. This is a great opportunity to try the course before you decide to enter – so you only need to be considering the race to take part in the reccy.
If anyone is interested in exploring the 5-mile looped course, please do note the following:
- The TT is open road, so the competition shall only be open to riders over 12 years old – the same age restrictions apply for the recon ride.
- Any riders doing the reconnaissance on the 12th June under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult at ALL times – no exceptions. Riders over 14 may attend without an adult, but we must have a completed Parental Consent form.
- We will be meeting at 8.45am in Mare Lane (map here) in Beenham’s Heath near Maidenhead.
- The ride starts at 9:00am.
- The reccy itself will be a group ride – so no aero bars shall be allowed.
- However, after the reccy has finished if you wish to switch to race equipment with aero bars etc.. you may, but you will no longer be under Slipstreamer’s supervision.
Important Note: This is NOT a coaching, training or a race simulation session – it is simply a reconnaissance ride to which you are invited. What you do after is your responsibility!
If you are interested, please confirm with Dave on Saturday so that we know how many riders to expect.
There is some parking in Mare Lane or 200 meters away in Smewins Road. Please respect the residents of Mare Lane when assembling.