Every year, we host a Family Fun Day from 9am until around 4pm, where Slipstreamers members, friends and families come together to enjoy a day of cycling, fun and games and of course the first 2 rounds (Skills and Time Trials) of the annual Club Champs. The 2015 Family Fun Day was a resounding success, with gorgeous weather, loads of activities, and smiles a plentiful – check out our Flickr album here to enjoy a few photos from the day.
For the 2016 event, we are anticipating the best one yet!
What’s On for 2016? …
Aside from the Club Champs events, we have the following planned throughout the day, so please keep all day free and come and support the Club and your fellow Slipstreamers :
- An exciting wooden pump track thanks to our friends at FirecrestMTB
- FREE Met Police bike marking
- Bike fun and games behind the Clubhouse – remember Bike Rugby World Cup anyone?
- Food for sale from the BBQ and of course the inside canteen
- An ice-cream van
- Kit sale (if you have any used kit you’d like to donate to the Club please bring this along)
- Face painting and (removable – duh!) tattoos for those of you who wish to do your Club Champs events in colour! Volunteer face painters welcome!
- And much more…
Do keep an eye out on the News Hub and Twitter a few days before the 17th, for the latest information regarding the schedule for the day, particularly where the Club Champs events are concerned. Remember, if you miss the Skills event you you don’t get another chance, but you will get a chance to do the Time Trial a week later during the early session. We’d love to see as many of you there with your families, so do please come and join us for what promises to be a fantastic day!
If you have any questions regarding the above, do email the Admin Team as normal, or feel free to talk to any of the Volunteers.