First week in November means one thing – Monday night sessions are back!
We have another 25 weeks of training and rider education planned to help keep you in tip top condition over the winter months. Starting on Monday 4th November, we will start the series of weekly workouts to improve your winter fitness, set you goals and targets, and work on that all important core strength. To facilitate people who need to travel, we will be starting a little later – sign-on from 7pm with a start at 7:30 sharp.
Occassionally, we will have some workshop sessions with guest speakers, so watch out for announcements, but this year we will be focussing more on the physical aspects. These sessions are a great way to talk to your coaches – in between efforts of course!
The setup for this year is as follows:
- There is NO lower age limit! Every member or new inductee is welcome to join in – BUT we only have turbo trainers that we can definitely loan to you if you have a 700c (full size) wheel.
- Our turbo trainers generally do not fit 24inch, 26inch or any other small wheel, but it will be pot luck!
- If you have a small wheel AND you have your own turbo trainer then bring it with you and it will not be a problem
- There is NO upper age limit! Every member parent, volunteer, coach etc. currently involved with the club is welcome to saddle up and get some winter training in.
- Already on our guest list? Then you and your parent would also be welcome!
- Not on the guest list? Get you coach to contact a Slipstreamers coach to discuss!
- Doors open at 19:00
- Turbo session starts at 19:30, followed by Strength and Conditioning, and we expect to finish around 21:00
- Bring a drink, a towel, some dry clothes, and the commitment to get stuck in!
The cost remains the same – just £5 per session. Hope to see you Monday!