Please note this is NOT a coaching session – but the chance to go on an off-road social ride.
If you wish to join us, dust off your mountain bike and head down to Swinley Forest in Bracknell for a morning of fun off-road adventure.
When and Where?
Sunday 18th July 2021 from 9.00 for a 9.30am start, finishing around 1pm, so if you fancy honing in on those bike handling skills and want to challenge yourself on a few fantastic trails, do come and join us. There is NO charge for the ride.
We shall be meeting in front of the Lookout Centre, Nine Mile Ride, Bracknell RG12 7QW. There is a map link here. Note that you will need to pay for parking – full details available on the council website here.
Are Parents/ Guardians Required To Attend?
Yes. While Slipstreamers Volunteers will be in attendance, this is not a coaching session and due to the nature of the technical terrain around Swinley Forest, at least 1 parent/ guardian must also ride on the trails as you will be responsible for your child. This is a social ride so you will also need to ensure you pack and carry your own spares and tools.
The ride is open to ALL Slipstreamers members and their parents/ guardians as well as family and friends. You don’t have to be an expert at mountain biking to attend (none of us are!), but all riders should be comfortable on a mountain bike and have some experience off-road mountain biking either at Swinley Forest, during Saturday sessions at Hillingdon or elsewhere. Equally, you’ll be riding a fair distance and will be out for about 2-3 hours, so a fair amount of endurance will be tested.
If you are a complete novice to mountain biking, we would suggest joining us during Saturday sessions to build up your skills first – we hope there will be plenty more opportunities to join in during 2021!
If Joining Us, You Will Need…
- A fully functioning mountain bike with knobbly tyres and working brakes.
- Helmets and gloves are mandatory – no exceptions.
- Check the weather and dress appropriately – rain or shine we will enjoy the trails, so be sure to wear suitable kit. If it’s rainy and muddy a rain jacket is a good idea as are waterproof socks, and if it’s warm do wear sunblock and remember the sunglasses.
- Water. A hydration pack is always a good idea. Electrolytes are useful after a long ride.
- A sandwich for a quick lunch break out on the trails and some energy boosting snacks such as nuts, chocolate or cereal bars. We’ll only stop at a cafe after the ride for lunch/treats so ensure you pack something to sustain you. You will work hard and you are likely to get hungry.
Please Ensure You…
- Check your bike/s BEFORE you leave home – do an M-check a few days before and ensure you’ve sorted out any repairs in good time.
- Eat a hearty and healthy breakfast before you leave home.
This is a great chance to practice and test your MTB handling skills and have a good day out on a MTB.
Finally, as usual, keep an eye out on Twitter for updates, and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to email us!