Sunday 19th June 2022
Registration is now open for the 2022 Time Trial day hosted by Hillingdon Slipstreamers. All riders from ANY club – or riders not even in a club – are very welcome to take part. Scroll down to find out more…
Slipstreamers are once again hosting the London West District qualifying event for the Youth National 10 Time Trial. Entry for the open event, for riders aged between 12 and 17 (on 31st August 2022) can be found here
For those younger or older that do not qualify for the main event, don’t panic. We are hosting a full day of time trials, so if you would like to Come And Try Time Trials this is place!
This event will be run under CTT rules and regulations. No drafting allowed. Helmets must be worn. CTT has no policy on gear restrictions, however as a BC affiliated club and in the interest of fair competition and child well being, we ask that riders use no more than their allocated youth gears. Bring a picnic! There is a lot going on:
- 10:00 Main Event: London West District GHS Qualifier: Separate competition – see here
- 11:30 Race 1: Youth “Come and Try It” – Choose your own distance from “5 Miles” or the full “10 Miler” for all aged 16 or under
- 13:00 Race 2: Mums, Dads, Aunties, Uncles, Grannies and Granddad’s – “Come and Try It” – Are you claiming to STILL be the fastest bike rider in your family? Come and prove it over the full 10 mile timed event! Open to all adults over 16 years!
- 14:30 Race 3: TWO-UP Ten. Two riders. One distance – 10 mile. Can you cut a much faster time as a pair over a solo effort? Find out in a safe way to see how hard you can push! Not for the faint-hearted.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
Anyone may enter – and you don’t have to be part of a club either – if you are a cyclist and want to give it a go, you are very welcome to do so. Pick the events that appeal to you.
Online entry only
Cost: £5 per rider per race.
Location: Hillingdon Cycle Circuit, UB4 0LP
Distances: Maximum 16 laps (10.1 miles), minimum 8 laps (5.05 miles)
Registration: 9am circuit and club house open. Race briefing and sign-on
NOTE: Sign-on closes 20 minutes before each race. Be sure to arrive in good time to avoid any delays and missing your start time.
Each heat will be followed by prize giving to the fastest Boy and Girl of each age category (10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16) plus medals for each 2nd/3rd place, plus team prizes.
Ready to Enter?
A few things to note:
- All entrants are asked to register in advance by using the registration button above.
- Registration will close at midnight on Friday 17th June at 11.45pm.
- All riders must complete a parental consent form, so download this from here and bring to the club on race day. Spare forms shall be available if you forget!
- Open to everyone – no British Cycling membership is required and novice riders are welcome.
- Must have own bike in safe and good working order
- Helmets must be worn